The Greats footwear site is effortlessly executing on so many best practices, I just had to pull the whole thing apart here. I was geeking out the entire time, and very nearly ordered all of their product in my exuberance. From landing to checkout, they’ve nailed details that even savvy ecom professionals might miss or screw up. Greats team, my hat’s (and shoes) off to you.
Landing Page: Lets just count up the things these guys are already crushing
- Full-frame imagery
- Well-executed product photography
- Easy to understand product
- Streamline path to the next step
Putting your mouse anywhere on the screen brings up the name of the product, and its price, it begs for a click — which of course, is the point.
Product Page: This, too, has a ton of textbook and innovative wins on it.
- Interactive product – the thing you think is just the product image, is a 3D rotating feature
- Construction – They show the simplicity and detail of the product, and even manage to show it de-constructed, so you an see all the components of the show.
- Not 1, but 5 different images of the product on-model
- Crisp call to action
- Other product (just in case)
Which of course, takes us to checkout. they keep it clean and simple, without any extra needless steps on the way out.
All in all, a masters class in how to get this done. Any retailer without a massive amount of product needs to copy everything these guys do.
Greats team – I don’t know you, but I wish I did. Kudos.